作业帮 > 英语 > 作业

英语翻译Some time ago I discovered that one of my chairs had a b

来源:学生作业帮 编辑:作业帮 分类:英语作业 时间:2024/05/11 12:45:35
英语翻译
Some time ago I discovered that one of my chairs had a broken leg.I didn’t think there would be any difficulty in getting it mended,as there are a whole lot of antique(古董) shops near my home.So I left home one morning carrying the chair with me.I went into the first shop expecting a friendly reception.I was quite wrong.The man wouldn’t even look at my chair.
The second shop,though slightly more polite,was just the same,and the third and the fourth-so I decided that my approach must be wrong.
I entered the fifth shop with a plan in my mind.I placed the chair on the floor and said to the shopkeeper,“Would you like to buy a chair?” He looked it over carefully and said,“Yes,not a bad chair.How much do you want for it,sir?” ”Twenty pounds,” I said.“OK,” he said,“I’ll give you twenty pounds.” “It’s got a slightly broken leg,” I said.“Yes,I saw that,it’s nothing.”
Everything was going according to plan and I was getting excited.“What will you do with it?” I asked.“Oh,it will be easy to sell once the repair is done.” “I’ll buy it,” I said.“What do you mean?You’ve just sold it to me,” he said.“Yes,I know but I’ve changed my mind.I am sorry.I’ll give you twenty-seven pounds for it.” “You must be crazy,” he said.Then,suddenly the penny dropped.“I know what you want.You want me to repair your chair.” “You’re right,” I said.“And what would you have done if I had walked in and said,“Would you mend this chair for me?” “I wouldn’t have agreed to do it,” he said.“We don’t do repairs,not enough money in it and too much trouble.But I’ll mend this for you,shall we say for a fiver(五英镑钞票)?” He was a very nice man and was greatly amused by the whole thing.
Some time ago I discovered that one of my chairs had a broken leg.
有一次,我发现自己的椅子收藏中有一把一条腿坏了.
I didn’t think there would be any difficulty in getting it mended,as there are a whole lot of antique(古董) shops near my home.
由于家附近就有好多古董商行,所以从来没担心过修理会是一件难事.
So I left home one morning carrying the chair with me.
于是,有天早晨我带着那张椅子出发(去修理)了.
I went into the first shop expecting a friendly reception.
我走进第一家店,期待着会有个热情的店员迎上来.
I was quite wrong.
然而我错了.
The man wouldn’t even look at my chair.
店里的那个人甚至都不愿意帮忙看下我那坏了的椅子.
The second shop,though slightly more polite,was just the same,and the third and the fourth-so I decided that my approach must be wrong.
较之第一家,第二家店的态度稍显礼貌,但情况依然相同.接着第三家、第四家……以至于我开始怀疑,是不是不能找古董店修理我的椅子.
I entered the fifth shop with a plan in my mind.
走进第五家店的时候我心生一计.
I placed the chair on the floor and said to the shopkeeper,“Would you like to buy a chair?”
我把椅子放在地上然后问店员:“你们收购椅子吗?”
He looked it over carefully and said,“Yes,not a bad chair.How much do you want for it,sir?”
他仔细看了看,说道:“是的.这是把不错的椅子.您开价多少?”
Twenty pounds,” I said.“OK,” he said,“I’ll give you twenty pounds.”
“二十磅”,我说道.“好的”,他答应了.“我这就给你二十磅.”
“It’s got a slightly broken leg,” I said.“Yes,I saw that,it’s nothing.”
“这椅子腿有点坏了.”“是的,我看到了.没关系的.”
Everything was going according to plan and I was getting excited.
一切都按计划进展顺利,我有点兴奋.
“What will you do with it?” I asked.
“那你们打算拿它怎么办呢?”我问他.
“Oh,it will be easy to sell once the repair is done.”
“哦,一旦修好了就会很好卖的.”
“I’ll buy it,” I said.
“我要买.”我说.
“What do you mean?You’ve just sold it to me,” he said.
这刚刚才卖给我啊”他说.
“Yes,I know but I’ve changed my mind.I am sorry.I’ll give you twenty-seven pounds for it.”
“是的呢,我知道.但是我又改注意了.非常抱歉.我愿意支付二十七磅买回它.”
“You must be crazy,” he said.
“您这是疯了吧!”他说道.
Then,suddenly the penny dropped.
随后他恍然大悟.
“I know what you want.You want me to repair your chair.”
“我知道了,您这是想让我们帮您修椅子呢.”
“You’re right,” I said.“
“这回你说对了.”我说.
And what would you have done if I had walked in and said,“Would you mend this chair for me?”
“但要是我一进门就说:‘你们能帮我修椅子吗?’ ,你们会不会帮我弄呢?”
“I wouldn’t have agreed to do it,” he said.
“不,我们不会的.”他说道.
“We don’t do repairs,not enough money in it and too much trouble.
“我们不管修椅子.因为赚的不多,还麻烦.
But I’ll mend this for you,shall we say for a fiver(五英镑钞票)?”
但这回我答应你了,修好五英镑,怎么样?”
He was a very nice man and was greatly amused by the whole thing.
他人的确很好.此外,我亦觉得这件事颇为有趣.