作业帮 > 英语 > 作业

推迟英语翻译

来源:学生作业帮 编辑:作业帮 分类:英语作业 时间:2024/05/10 08:46:29
推迟英语翻译
put off
1.延期,推迟;拖延
They decided to put the meeting off until after Christmas.
他们决定把会议推迟到圣诞节以后.
Owing to the state of the ground, the match has been put off.
由于场地状况不佳, 比赛推迟了.
The appointment was put off because of his illness.
由于他生病而推迟了约会.
If you think you are sick you should not put off going to the doctor.
如果你觉得有病就不应该拖, 要快去看医生.
2.阻碍做某事
I wanted to say something, but her face quite put me off.
我本来要说几句, 但看到她的脸色, 又没有勇气开口了.
We are going there tomorrow — not even bad weather could put us off.
我们明天要去那儿, 即使天气不好也要去.
They had intended going into the country for the day, but were put off by reports of traffic jams.
他们本来打算那天到乡下去, 但听说交通拥挤就作罢了.
3.(停车)让某人下
Ask the conductor to put you off at the Odeon.
告诉售票员在奥汀提醒你下车.
Where do you want to be put off?
你在哪儿下车?
4.使分心
I don't like music playing when I'm working. It puts me off.
我不喜欢工作时放音乐, 那会使我分心.
If I am once put off I find it very difficult to recapture the same train of thought.
我一旦受到打扰, 发觉自己很难回到原来的思路上来.
5.关掉
Please put off all the lights as you leave the building.
离开这所房子时, 请你把所有的灯都关上.
Under the official regulations the central heating was put off on March 15th each year.
据正式规定, 每年3月15日停止供应暖气.
6.敷衍, 推诿
When he asked her to name a day for their wedding, she put him off.
当他要她订个结婚的日子时, 她却支支吾吾不说.
I'm not going to be put off with that excuse.
我不会被那个借口敷衍过去的.
I won't be put off with such vague promises.
这种含糊的诺言是敷衍不了我的.
7.脱去(衣、帽等)
Please put off your shoes before entering this holy building.
在进入这所神圣的殿堂之前, 请把鞋脱掉.
8.丢弃, 摆脱
You must put off your doubts.
你必须消除你的疑虑.
He had put off all personal cares.
他已摆脱了一切个人的牵累.
postpone
及物动词 vt.
1.延期; 推迟;展缓
The mother postponed all other business to the task of smoothing her crying child.
母亲放下一切别的事情, 先去抚慰哭叫着的孩子.
They postponed leaving because of the weather.
他们因天气原因而延期离开.
delay
名词 n.
1.耽搁, 延迟
His delay made the teacher angry.
他的迟到使老师生气了.
2.被耽搁[推迟]的事件或时间
My delay in going abroad is due to my illness.
我推迟出国是因为我生病了.
3.(电话讯息从接收到直播节目转播之间的)时间间隔装置
4.【美式橄榄球】(持球队员或准备接球队员的)停顿战术,延迟动作,假动作
及物动词 vt. & 不及物动词 vi.
1.(使)耽搁, 延误
It is getting late, don't delay.
时间已晚, 不要耽搁了.
Heavy traffic delayed us.
繁忙的交通把我们耽误了.
及物动词 vt.
1.推迟, 使延期
2.推迟,使延迟,使延期,延缓
The driver delayed the drive until the weather cleared.
驾驶员延迟到天气转晴后才出车.
put off
英 [put ɔf] 美 [pʊt ɔf]
敷衍;使分心;延期;脱去(衣、帽等)
delay, postpone, defer, suspend, prolong, put off
这些动词或短语动词均有“推延,延期”之意.
delay: 普通用词,多指因外界原因推迟或耽误,也可指有意推迟.
postpone: 正式用词,语气较强,多指有安排的延期,常指明延期到一定的时间.
defer: 正式用词,语气强于postpone,多指故意拖延.
suspend: 指暂时中断以待某种条件的实现.
prolong: 指把时间延长至超过正常或通常的限度.
put off: 口语用词,与postpone同义,但较通俗.
1. I'm not going to be put off with that excuse.
我不会被那个借口敷衍过去的.
2. Please put off all the lights as you leave the building.
离开这所房子时,请你把所有的灯都关上.
3. Please put off your shoes before entering this holy building.
在进入这所神圣的殿堂之前,请把鞋脱掉.
4. The appointment was put off because of his illness.
由于他生病而推迟了约会.
5. The meeting will be put off in case it (should) rain.
若遇下雨,会议延期举行.
7. Why should it be put off till next month?
为什么非要挨到下个月不可?
8. Let's put off our wedding till the Spring Festival.
咱俩的婚事赶年下再办吧.
9. Just because of the rain, the sports meet was put off.
都是下雨,运动会才延期的.
10. Second litters can be put off in autumn as porkers.
第二窝小猪到了秋天就可以当肥小猪卖掉.
11. Don't put off the party on my account.
别因为我把聚会的时间推迟了.
12. He had put off all personal cares.
他已摆脱了一切个人的牵累.
13. You must put off your doubts.
你必须消除你的疑虑.
14. People are put off by her strident voice.
人们对她刺耳的嗓音感到十分厌恶.
15. Where do you want to be put off?
你在哪儿下车?
16. Don't put off today's work for [till] tomorrow.
当天事当天毕.
17. Don't put off today's work till tomorrow.
今天能做的不要拖到明天.
18. A hero is never put off by difficulties.
困难难不倒英雄汉.
19. If you think you are sick you should not put off going to the doctor.
如果你觉得有病就不应该拖,要快去看医生.
20. Owing to the state of the ground, the match has been put off.
由于场地状况不佳,比赛推迟了.